This fun video shows dogs waking up their owners. It looks cute and quite endearing but if you are the owner of a dog who wakes up too early, you might find yourself not quite so keen on getting awakened by big wet face slurps!
Here are some tips to prevent your dog from waking you up before the morning alarm goes off:
1. Tire your dog out the night before. This way he will sleep soundly and will most likely wake up late. Exercise also releases endorphins which regulate mood and reduce anxieties. When your dog wakes up, it will surely be in a good mood.
2. Take the last bathroom walk as late as possible. If you have a yard, let your dog go out right before you go to bed.
3. Avoid feeding your dog as soon as you wake up in the morning. It will associate waking up with yummy food and will start bothering you too early because it wants to eat.
4. Many dogs will sleep through the night but will start getting excited once the sun is up. So investing in some blackout curtains is a good idea.
5. Be in charge. If you decide that nobody gets up before 7:30 a.m., then you don’t get up no matter how much whining, crying, barking or door scratching happens before that time. Once you give in, your dog will think that it is in charge and will keep on trying to wake you every time it is done sleeping.