Chubbi the Pomeranian is back with another cute video. She smells pizza! And she’s using all her cuteness to convince her Mum to give her some. Sadly though, she didn’t get any. Poor Chubbi but it`s for her own good anyway.
Not all food that is safe for humans is ok for dogs. Pizzas come in many variations and many of the toppings are highly questionable, from a dog’s point of view. Here are some of the most dangerous ingredients used in pizzas that you should be very careful when feeding your dog:
1. Cheese – Dogs can eat some types of cheese but the cheese used in pizza is almost always very high in lactose content, and since most dogs out there are lactose intolerant, this is a problem.
2. Onions – Large amounts of this spice cause damage to your dog’s red blood cells.
3. Garlic – If you’re not carefully calculating the amount of garlic you’re including in the pizza you feed your dog, you’re risking your dog falling ill. High doses of garlic in dogs can cause coma and even death.
4. Sodium – Eating too much salt can cause excessive thirst and urination. Symptoms of too much salt include vomiting, diarrhea, depression, tremors, elevated body temperature, and seizures.
5. Seasonings and other spices – Some of these can go down very bad in your dog’s digestive system and lead to very negative and serious effects.
Avoid feeding your pup with the above ingredients!