We found an great page listing a “Top 10” of jobs working with animals. The link is after our additional tips.
If you’re an animal lover and you feel that it’s your lifelong dream to have a career that will give you the enjoyment of working with them, we found an article that will give you a list of jobs that will definitely “feed two birds with one scone” – you get to work with animals and get paid at the same time! Wouldn’t that be amazing?
Here are some of my tips to help you become the right person for the job:
1. Research – yes, you love animals but it’s not enough. You have to keep on reading and researching everything and anything that is to know about them. The greater knowledge you have in your chosen field, the greater the options available to you and the respect you will command.
2. Do volunteer work – it will give you a first-hand experience on what it’s like to work with animals. Talk to the owners and the vets. This will help you gain more knowledge that couldn’t be found in books.
3. Combine passion with profession. If you are passionate with your work, you wouldn’t mind sacrificing your hours for them.
4. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty – yes, you might have to do what it takes!
5. Have fun and remind yourself why you love your job. Due to stress and other factors, we tend to forget why we’re doing what we do. Always take a step back and reflect. Even if you’ve had a bad day, there will always be a hundred other good days. To see an animal getting well, or seeing people getting comfort and healing will really make up for all of the blood, sweat and tears.
We need to take good care of our animals because they are a part of our world… a part of our ecosystem. Try going through the list and see if there are any jobs that you can see yourself in.
Check out the list below to see which career path is calling out your name!